The purpose of a staffing agency is not to just to find bodies and fill positions, it’s to find the right candidates to fit into specific roles within distinct organizational cultures. Employers must have full confidence their staffing agency is sending only cream-of-the-crop candidates that have been properly vetted to increase the odds of a successful hire.
Here are some areas where @Work Personnel helps employers mitigate hiring risk through proven and compliant screening practices.
- Reference Checking – Checking professional references is essential to verify the presented information about a potential hire. Every employer is looking for the hardest working individuals to become part of their team. When references provide glowing reviews, that applicant will most likely be worth hiring.
- Education Level Verification – Education history is strongly correlated to what types of positions a worker is suitable for, and it is important to consider education level when placing employees to avoid “misplacing” an employee in a position not well suited to their skill level. Finding out a potential employee’s educational strengths can help you see where they would be best suited in helping your company become more successful.
- Drug Screening – According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse, employees involved in substance abuse are likely to be unable to keep a steady job, show up late or call into work, be less productive, be involved in workplace accidents, or file workers’ compensation claims. @Work is able to drug screen recruits in minutes to ensure your top candidates show no evidence of illicit drug use.
- Background Checks – The staffing agency should also run background checks on candidates to reveal any history of a criminal record. According to the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, with negligent hiring lawsuits increasing, employers are no longer able to rely on their instincts during hiring practices as they become liable if an employee causes harm to another. @Work Personnel keeps a close eye on the background check process, generally carried out through our sister employment screening company, @Backgrounds, to ensure speed, compliance and transparency.
- I-9 Form Completion – As undocumented workers utilizing fraudulent documents have become an issue in the United States, it is important to have proper records that all your employees are working for you legally. All employers are required by the federal government to complete and retain the I-9 form for each employee. This documentation verifies that an employee is eligible to work in the United States and must be completed within 72 hours of the employee beginning work with the appropriate means of identification readily available. @Work understands how important it is to follow necessary compliance guidelines in order to provide the best applicant pool for each open position.
As the 2015 Best of Staffing Client Winner, @Work Personnel goes above and beyond to meet your staffing needs, whether temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct hire. With over a decade of experience and strong compliance guidelines, @Work Personnel promises to recruit only the best hires for your organization. Our team of skilled recruiters will find the most promising candidates for your company’s needs. Contact @Work today for more details on compliance practices and requirements.