The Rotary Club of Temecula will host its annual ‘Taste of the World’ event on March 24th. Having grown over the years from a dozen restaurants and several hundred attendees to an epic event in the Grand Ballroom at Pechanga Resort & Casino over 20 restaurants, local wineries & beer crafters will serve up international cuisine. Coupled with this incredible setting will be great entertainment and awesome live auction experiences.
So, what does all this fun and great food do? It “Raises Funds to Change Lives”! The proceeds from this event are distributed to both local and international causes that make the world a better place. The Rotary Club of Temecula and 100+ plus members, has grown to be one of the most impacting and effective service providers to the local community and around the world. Chartered in 1975 the club is made up of business people, community leaders and just people looking to make the world a better place. Becoming a Rotarian connects you with this diverse group of wonderful people. Here are the impact projects the club has supported this year.
Community Service & Humanitarian Projects
- Literacy – $5,000 for books & field trips to local Title 1 elementary schools
- Support for Cub & Boy Scout Troop 301
- Holiday Baskets, Toys & Bikes at Thanksgiving and Christmas to over 200 families and 320 children in nee
- Military Committee – Adopted 15 MEU (Military Expeditionary Unit) at Camp Pendleton, Provide emergency support to the 15th MEU, Support 15th Enlisted family Christmas party, present Baby Showers In A Box to expecting mothers on base, 5th Annual Turkey & Toys for 40 local active military families, 4th year supporting the Veterans Bass Fishing Tournament, established a high school scholarship in honor of local war hero Staff Sargent Louis Cardin, supporting outside non-profits that serve veterans – The W.A.V.E.S. Project, (Wounded American Veterans Experience Scuba Diving), Warfighter Made supporting veterans with PTSD, All From The Heart motorized wheel chair rehabilitation & equine therapy, Operation Silver Star supports wounded veterans caregivers
- Senior Outreach Committee – provides Christmas, Mothers & Fathers Day luncheon for seniors at the Mary Phillips Senior Center, co-ordinates 2 local senior knitting groups who make baby blankets for the Military Committee’s Baby Shower in a Box
- Jointly supports the annual Free Community Christmas Day Dinner at the Mary Phillips Senior Center with the Sunrise & New Generation Rotary clubs that serves about 1,500 meals
- Financial support for Rancho Damacitas Child & Family Services for traumatized foster children and their Project Independence for young adults who were former foster childrenviceschildren for children
- Support for S.A.F.E. (Safe Alternatives for Everyone) provides for children & families who have experienced or are at risk of abuse or violence
- Supports 2 Rotary Camps, RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards) and PRYDE (Personal Rotary Youth Development Experience) sending 40 local high school juniors and 25 7th graders to a weekend camp in Crestline, CA
- Support 3 local INTERACT Clubs, 2 high school and 1 junior high,
- Support Rotary International Youth Exchange – student brought here and another sent out
- Sponsor local Student of the Month
- Annual high school scholarships
- Stage local music competition
- 4-Way high school speech contest
- Service Above Self award to local business person
- RONET (Rotary New Employee Training) one day event
- Monetary support for Rotary International Eradicate Polio Project
- Spearheading a Global Grant with Rotary International to raise over $100,000 to double the size of a school to Save Child Soldiers Through Education in the war torn area of southeast Philippines in the village of Mindanao, www.temecularotaryinternatinal.com
Not only do these projects provide over $100,000 of financial support but also many include enormous hands on support from our members. Come have an incredible time at Taste of the World, buy your ticket or sponsorship today at www.rotarytasteoftheworld.com
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Bennett & Bennett, Langdon Floor Covering, Pacific Western Bank, Southwest Healthcare Systems, Temecula Valley Hospital, Securitas, Julie Ngo – State Farm Insurance, Strategic Funding Solutions, Craig Davis – Farmers Insurance, Gosch Ford Temecula, Grapeline Wine Tours, Mr. & Mrs. Michael Fencel, La Pointe Wealth Management, National Merchant’s Association, The Valley Business Journal.
Bank of the West, Dubots Capital Management, Associa Equity Management and Realty Services, Strachota Insurance Service Agency, Inc., Stifel Investment Services, Temecula Valley Custom Pools, Prudhomme Associates, CPAs, Vlada’s Seeds of Life.