August 8th, 2017 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM “2,000 Known Earthquake Faults Crisscross California; Are you near one?” Presented by Glenn Pomeroy, CEO of the California Earthquake Authority
Glenn Pomeroy, CEO of the California Earthquake Authority, meets with business leaders and local, community stakeholders about the importance of earthquake preparedness. His 25-minute presentation offers insight on what communities and businesses can do to prepare for an earthquake, and what recovery steps to take following a natural disaster. Glenn also touches on the organization’s exciting new programs and initiatives launched this year.
Additionally, Glenn’s presentation covers the potential economic consequences often caused by the aftermath damages of a significant earthquake, and the tremendous effect on homeowners and the growth of business.
Did you know California Earthquake Facts?
- Most Californians live within 30 miles of an active fault
- In California, there is a 99% chance of a Magnitude 6.7 or larger earthquake in the next 30 years
- In Southern California, there is a 75% chance of a Magnitude 7.0 or larger earthquake occurring in the next 30 years
- Less than 10% of all California homes are covered by earthquake insurance
- 1994 Northridge Earthquake caused $40 billion in total property damage
Location: Murrieta Chamber Office, 25125 Madison Ave. Suite 108, Murrieta, CA 92562