Thank you to over 400 community members for attending the Temecula Valley Hospital 29,000 square foot addition Open House celebration! Attendees enjoyed tours of the new hospital wing, activities for families and a special presentation of the new Heroes Community Room.
The Temecula Valley Hospital new wing features:
- Heroes Community Room – The new community room is dedicated to our local community heroes. It will be used for special events, community, staff and physician education programs. The artwork in the new wing includes beautiful photography representing the region’s vineyard, flowers, birds, and hot air balloons. In addition, special photographs are depicted through-out the Heroes Community room in recognition of our fire, police, veterans, active military duty heroes and the American flag.
- Expanded Imaging Services – TVH has added a second CT Scan machine to enhance our stroke program. This new advanced equipment allows our specialists to perform CT perfusion, a non-invasive medical test that provides detailed imaging of the delivery of blood flow to the brain. New outpatient ultrasound and echocardiogram rooms have also been added.
- Surgical Waiting Lobby – Visitors are provided with a comfortable lobby while they wait for their loved one who is undergoing testing or having surgery or other procedures. Refreshments are available, and volunteers provide support. The area features a privacy-compliant tracking board so visitors can monitor patient progress.
- Pre-Operative Services Unit – There are seven additional rooms for pre-admission testing, pre-surgical, and procedure patient preparation.
- Recovery – There are seven additional beds for the care of patients following their procedure or surgery.
- Hybrid Operating Room – A Hybrid OR is the integration of a surgical operating room with an advanced X-ray imaging system. This enables surgeons and interventionalists to perform advanced, minimally-invasive procedures, including treatment of coronary artery disease, abdominal aortic aneurysms, and other peripheral vascular disorder.
- Neuro Bi-Plane Room – Used to perform minimally invasive procedures for advanced stroke care, coronary artery disease, cerebral aneurysms, and brain tumors.
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab/Electrophysiology Lab – Two new cardiac catheterization labs have been added. One is designed specifically as an Electrophysiology Lab for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias, including atrial fibrillation and the placement of cardiac devices, such as pacemakers and implantable cardiac defibrillators.
“We’re so happy that so many came out to celebrate with us. TVH is growing its services to continue to meet the advanced healthcare needs of its community and to enhance the outcomes of our patients.”
Darlene Wetton, Chief Executive Officer, Temecula Valley Hospital
With our new expansion Temecula Valley Hospital has increased career opportunities for experienced
Registered Nurses. TVH is hosting a Walk-in Wednesday recruitment event from 1-3 pm on June 6 and June 20th. Please visit: https://www.temeculavalleyhospital.com/careers for more information.
The attached photos are from the Open House event. Photo 1 is the exterior of the new wing. Photo 2 is of TVH volunteers at the event. Photo 3 is of our speakers at the community room presentation, which included: Darlene Wetton-CEO, Dave Jamison-Lead Chaplain, Senator Stone, TVH Governing Board Chair-Dennis Frank (pictured speaking), Lori Hoopingarner-Stroke Survivor, Mike Fencel- Regional UHS Vice President, Maryann Edwards- City of Temecula Council Member.
About Temecula Valley Hospital
Temecula Valley Hospital brings advanced technology, innovative programs, patient centered and family sensitive care to area residents. The hospital features 140 private patient rooms; emergency care featuring ER Reserve; advanced cardiac and stroke care; orthopedics; and general and surgical specialties. TVH is nationally recognized for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, with a 2017 Top Hospital Award and 4 consecutive “A” Grades for Patient Safety in Spring 2018, Fall 2017, Spring 2017 and Fall 2016. The hospital also recently received a 4 Star Medicare Hospital Compare Rating and the honor of the Inland Empire’s Top Workplaces 2017. For more information, visit www.temeculavalleyhospital.com.