Has this happened to you?
• You fell behind on mortgage payments and your lender has given you misleading, double-talk information about your options to save your home; you just can’t get a straight answer………
• You have applied for a loan modification and your lender is sending you foreclosure notices at the same time…….
Mortgage litigation empowers the homeowner to take the lender to court. The homeowner can no longer be ignored or strung along until the lender decides to foreclose. A Mortgage Foreclosure Defense Attorney’s goal is to provide litigation support; giving homeowners their day in court and a chance to resolve their disputes and negotiate on an equal level with their lender.
What a Mortgage Foreclosure Attorney Can Do for You
A Mortgage Foreclosure Defense Attorney can prepare and file a lawsuit when facts show the lender unnecessarily prolonged the modification process. This is done by preparing a summary of facts and by drafting the legal arguments showing how the lender violated the law.
Some Common Mortgage Fraud Violations and Illegal Practices:
• Dual tracking – moving forward with foreclosure while concurrently offering to modify the loan.
• Negligence – telling you your modification documents were lost or never received or telling you that you qualified for a modification but then later forcing you to apply again.
• Estoppel – Usually lawyers in this realm of law see patterns of unreasonable delay; lenders repeatedly losing documents, representatives telling you that your fax was not received or simply not responding to your calls. Lenders often delay assistance as they stall in their effort to run out the clock. There is a statute of limitations in order to bring a lawsuit against the lender. Don’t let your lender take advantage of you. A Mortgage Foreclosure Defense Lawyer sues lenders for their bad acts and holds them accountable.
• Predatory mortgage lending– occurs during the origination of the loan. Predatory lending examples are loans with high interest rates, negative amortization loan structures where the principal balance remains high despite payments made towards it, and loans given to the elderly or foreign speakers who do not understand the terms of the loan.
If you believe that you are a victim of mortgage fraud, you should immediately call our office. Your call to this office might be the difference between keeping your house or losing it to your lender.
Call us for immediate help; we are here to help you!
*Remember: We sue mortgage lenders for mortgage fraud and wrongful foreclosure*
Please note by reading the information above & herein, no attorney-client relationship has been created. The information provided herein is not to be relied upon as legal advice for your specific legal needs. Should you have legal questions contact The Law Offices Morton J. Grabel in Temecula at (951) 695- 7700.