You made it through the holidays. Congratulations. You have had those special moments and now it’s back to work.
Before you return and continue where you left off, ask yourself a few questions. Should you continue on the same path? Is it time for a new direction? Maybe, just maybe, it’s time to get back to basics. I am not talking about making resolutions that can’t be kept. Many people have a tendency to set goals higher than can be reached, which most of the time leads to them giving up and saying, “I will just make those changes next year.”
Well, not this time. I am going to give you some easy tips you can use—right now—so you can make those changes and get the results you want. How’s that?
Grab your favorite beverage, and pull out a pen and paper. That’s right—it’s time to create a list. Stick with me. You’re already on your way.
Here are some questions to ask yourself. All you have to do is write down the answer. How easy is that?
- How much money do you want to make this year? (Number please)
- How much time do you want to take off work? (Number please)
- Do you see yourself doing what you do five years from now? (Be honest)
- Do you love what you are doing? (Be honest)
If you nailed those answers, you are on the right track. If you’re struggling, then might be time to reevaluate things.
It is not difficult to craft a ‘new blueprint’ for your life. We are starting a new year and now is a great time for a little re-evaluating.
Some tools you can use?
- Use your imagination.
- Throw every idea you have on the table. (Don’t hold back, regardless of how silly an idea might seem).
- Watch what other successful people do and duplicate it.
- Do you have another interest that really gets you fired up? Can you pursue it? Then don’t hold back. Take the shot. Follow your dreams.
Review it every 90 days. It’s fascinating to see how things change over time, and also how much more you can accomplish when you put your ideas in writing.
Today is the day to start. Do it now. Don’t wait and put it off for another day or another year. You have the ability to create the life you want and deserve. Anything of value takes time. You are valuable and worth the time investment.
Happy new year.